This threat has been quiet for a while but I'm hoping there's still
people reading this.
I've got the same problem, obviously. This is what I've tried so far:
- CONCURRENCY in /etc/init.d/rc was and is set to none
- Renamed the S12hal to S13hal in /etc/rc2.d
- "sudo update-rc.d -f dbus remove" and then "sudo update-rc.d dbus
multiuser 12 20" as suggested by Alex Muntada
- Reinstalled package "hal"
- Tried "sudo dbus-daemon –system" and then "sudo dpkg-reconfigure hal"
- "sudo mv /var/cache/hald/fdi-cache~ /var/cache/hald/fdi-cache" didn't
work since there was no "/var/cache/hald/fdi-cache~" so I did the " sudo
- Used the command "sudo sysv-rc-conf" and checked the taps for hal for
runlevels 2-5 as suggested in some other forum.
- I even added an endline to /etc/fstab as suggested in some other place
"ps -p $(< /var/run/dbus/pid)" gives ---->
PID TTY TIME CMD
4574 ? 00:00:00 dbus-daemon
Here are the current priorities of hal, dbus and dhcdbd
$ ls -1 /etc/rc?.d/*hal
$ ls -1 /etc/rc?.d/*dbus
$ ls -1 /etc/rc?.d/*dhcdbd
Failed to initalize HAL.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is a direct subscriber.
desktop-bugs mailing list